Dating or Hanging Out?

            Hey everyone today I would like to share concepts about dating and hanging out with you all. First, we should ask ourselves what hanging out is? What is the purpose of hanging out? And how will it affect our future relationship? Second, we should ask ourselves what is a date? What is the purpose of a date? And how I should prepare myself for a date? It is interesting to think deeply about the difference of dating and hanging out, and how it could affect our future relationships with others. During this post I will be sharing two of my personal experiences about dating and hanging out, and how they have changed my relationships.

            First, I would like to explain what is hanging out is. Hanging out is spending time together without focus. When we are hanging out, we are just spending time, which may lead the other person to think that you are not interested in getting to know him or her; you are only wanting to spend time together. Hanging out is not a bad thing, do not get me wrong, but if you are interested in a particular person, hanging out is not the ideal. Let me share a personal experience that can exemplify what I am saying.

             When I was 18 years old, I had a friend that was very nice to me. He had been by my side throughout good and bad moments. He was always so supportive and loyal to me, that I admired and liked him a lot. We would always hang out together, and I loved spending time with him. A few years later, I figured that he was interested in me, but he never invited me to go on a date with him, so I never knew his true intentions while hanging out. Today looking back, I can tell you if he were clear with me about his real intentions, I would have loved going on a date with him. I believe that knowing the real intentions of the other person can affect our future relationships. This is why it is so important to have a focus when we are hanging out.

            Second, I would like to explain what a date is. A date is planning a time to getting to know someone you would consider for a future relationship. The purpose of the date would be to get to know the person better and see how you two get along together. The process of dating is thoughtful and romantic. The person that is preparing the date will be thinking about the person he or she is meeting. He or she will prepare activities for the date and set a goal to get to know that person in way that he or she can analyze their bond and feelings.

            When I first arrived in the United States, I was invited to go on a date with a former missionary that served in my area back home in Brazil. We barely knew each other, but I remembered him. We started to talk in campus and then he invited me to a date, and I accepted. It was one of the best dates I had. He planned everything we were going to do, paid for all, and I really got to know a different part of him that evening.

            I believe that dating is the path to healthy relationships, where you allow the other person to get to know you with a goal in mind. It does not mean you will end up in a relationship, but it does mean that the other person is interested in you. It is always good to know the other person’s intentions. Again there is nothing wrong with hanging out, but hanging out comes naturally in a friendship. Once you are in relationship you hang out with your boyfriend or girlfriend a lot because it is natural during a relationship, but it does not mean your relationship should be based on only hanging out. You should also plan romantic dates here and there! Feel free to share your feelings, opinions, and experiences with me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog